Getting the best from your Cleaning Agency
Getting the best from your cleaner
The SelClene Service is designed to make sure you get the service you require, at times convenient to you, from a cleaner with whom you are completely satisfied. Please contact us as soon as possible if you have any concerns.
Here’s our quick guide to getting the best from your cleaner:
- In preparation for your first clean, please take time to go through your home and specify what you would like your cleaner to do for each room. We have supplied a Task Sheet to help you, as we find it valuable to have the basic cleaning routine written down. Please explain any special routines and cleaning methods you prefer.
- Allow a couple of visits for your cleaner to get used to your requirements and establish a cleaning routine as they get to know the layout of your home.
- If you wish to change the cleaning routine, or concentrate on certain areas,please liaise directly with your cleaner
- For Health & Safety reasons, please ensure that all your equipment is in good working order and safe to use.
- Your cleaner will be familiar with household cleaning equipment in general, but machines do vary. Please show your cleaner how to use any electrical cleaning equipment (including emptying the vacuum cleaner) and demonstrate other systems, such as security alarms.
- Your cleaner has been instructed not to stand on chairs or other items of furniture in order to reach things. If your cleaner needs to reach high items(lights, picture rails, tops of cupboards) please provide a stepladder or stepstool.For safety reasons, please do not ask your cleaner to climb more thantwoor threesteps up unless someone else is there to hold the ladder.
- We find our clients much prefer to provide their own cleaning materials, so their home is cleaned with the products and fragrances they choose.Cautionary note: Insurers are often unwilling to accept claims involving the inappropriate use of abrasive cleaning materials or chemical cleansers.Such damage can accumulate over time, and we strongly advise you to avoid abrasive cloths and corrosive cleaning agents which may damage modern stainless steel surfaces, lacquered furniture and glassware. Even some cleaning creams which have a smooth appearance contain abrasives that can damage the surfaces of baths and wash-hand basins.Non-abrasive micro-fibre cloths and surface-friendly cleansers are now widely available.
- The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH)designed to protect professional cleaners from exposure to toxic fumes,caution that your cleaner should not use bleach on your premises unless specifically trained. Also, bleach damage to carpets and furnishings is not covered by the insurance arranged on your behalf by SelClene. We advise you to use alternatives to bleach products.
- Please do not ask your cleaner to clean the exterior of the building or the outside of windows.
- Modern equipment and materials make it unnecessary for cleaners to use old-fashioned methods in their work – for example, it is now considered unreasonable to expect cleaners to clean floors with a scrubbing brush on their hands and knees.
- We suggest after you have given your initial instructions, you leave the cleaner to get on with the work. A distracted cleaner gets less work done!
- On each visit a certain amount of time is taken up in gathering cleaning equipment and materials and tidying away afterwards. More work gets done if they are there for longer on each visit, and our minimum recommended time per visit is two and a half hours. When choosing how many hours cleaning you need, consider having your
- cleaner less frequently for longer hours – for example, three hours twice a week, rather than two hours three times a week. This also reduces time and costs spent travelling, which can be a factor in the cleaner deciding to work with you, and continuing to do so.
- If your cleaner cannot get into your home through no fault of their own (perhaps you have forgotten they were coming, or someone has doublelocked the door), please pay them something for their time, even if the work has not been done.
- Important note:If you are not satisfied with the service you are getting,please call us right away. We’ll discuss the situation, and if necessary,arrange for a replacement cleaner to call you.